PARENTAL ADVISORY

Hear Ye. Hear Ye. Here we
propose to posit prose poetry,
forming forms of continuous connectivity
to communicate considerable
contemplative reflectivity.

Simply put, we pose this where
prose poetry is what you'll hear
when wondering where the time went
while reading such rhyme wonderments
as oft we've wrought, and revealed thusly;
each whit of wit written Hieronymously.

My Plow

'It's snowing, dear. It's two feet deep.
 I think we should be fast asleep
considering our options here.'
 I hope the quote makes quite clear 
exactly my predicament; 
that while I wrote this, God had sent 
at least another inch, or two. 
Come to think, now wouldn't you 
do just as what I said we should,
 be fast asleep, and dreaming good, 
relaxing dreams of far off climes?  
That is, until these silly rhymes 
began, and ran ... and ran along. 
They made my dream sound like a song 
about a snow past, two feet deep
Into this poem now, digging. Keep 
your eye upon me; faster now, 
digging faster than a plow allows, 
until it has been shared. 
Consider words that you see paired 
as if they represent a thing - 
a prosed out poem you can sing 
along with while it's in your head. 
I'd give you something else instead, 
except that what I've done is done. 
I hope you've had a bit of fun.

Light and dark are needed here 
to make each point as crystal clear 
as words can be upon a page, 
or acted out upon a stage, 
or sung as in this lovely song. 
I'm glad it didn't take too long 
for one like you to think, suggest, 
that such as I might thus invest 
in a dad's doing, blowing snow.  
Shovel this: as blowers go, 
I think that snow's a passing fad, 
so I don't use fancy doo-dads, 
but thanks for thinking. What I see, 
relative to gravity 
in places such as my ville, knocks
twice. At first, it strikes the clocks 
of times I've spent in snow so white; 
the joys of youth, a mind's delight; 
a memory of days gone by,
which makes me think to wonder why 
a darker day would ever come. 
know this rambles, sounding dumb, 
as light and dark, like night and day, 
are used as words as if to say 
that happy have I been just now,
having you here to share My Plow.